Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, June 12, 2006

Some disturbing news from the world of sports...

Okay, I know I’m not the sports blogger, but some stories just need to be commented on…

I have to admit I’m still reeling from watching Jeff Gordon slam into the wall in Sunday’s NASCAR race (He was okay, thank God.). But now I’m MAJORLY reeling from the latest news out of Pittsburgh.

Ben Roethlisberger, the quarterback of the World Champion Steelers was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. He is in serious but stable condition. Though he did have surgery for an undisclosed reason, reports are that his injuries are not life-threatening and he did talk to the doctors before surgery. It is not known if Roethlisberger was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, though he usually rides without one.

Can you say, YIKES!

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Bengals fan and the mere mention of the Steelers can make me sick to my stomach as I picture Carson Palmer writhing in pain on the field. And I will admit that I did think some bad thoughts about Kimo Van Oelhoffen. But I would NEVER wish for something like this to happen; and I completely feel for all of you Steelers fans out there who are wondering what will happen next for your team.

It’s ironic, really, that we Bengals fans are in that same boat.

I hope for nothing but the best for Roethlisberger. He’s a talented guy and this is no way for him to go out, if in fact his injuries are that serious.

And I send this message to all of you reading this: If you ride a motorcycle, please wear a helmet.