Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hotel Viewing

I spent the past three days at a conference in Indianapolis. The hotel was really nice, but there was one problem…

How can a hotel’s cable TV system have two MTVs and no TBS?! The surprising lack of channels actually reminded me of my life before cable when I couldn’t experience the magic of TBS or Bravo. It was not a pretty picture.

Thankfully, the hotel did have TNT, so I could see the NASCAR race Sunday, but after Kyle Busch’s victory (BOO HISS!), my only choice was VH1’s “I Love the 70s Volume 2”—so I watched three straight hours. For some reason, I just love listening to all those B-listers talk about stupid stuff from the past. Michael Ian Black and Mo Rocca were in especially fine form during these episodes…

The hotel also had WGN, which was good, so I could catch two episodes of “24” from the fourth season. I also got to see an episode of “Entourage.” Since I don’t get HBO, I have to wait until the DVD to see what everyone’s talking about. I’m afraid I wasn’t impressed. Eric had to have a threesome, why? I mean other than the obvious reason of being able to show two naked girls kissing…

It was a little difficult to get through Monday night without my four straight episodes of “Friends,” but thankfully I had NBC’s repeat of “Project Runway” to make it easier. The lack of TBS did give me the chance to catch “Two and a Half Men” for the first time in forever (Hey, it’s not my fault that we live in a cruel world where we’re forced to choose between Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland!). Though the ending of the episode was a little strange, it was nice to see the show is still hilarious…

As I’ve said before, “How I Met Your Mother” is a terribly frustrating show, but I have to admit I enjoyed the twists and turns of Monday’s episode as Ted pursued a woman he met at a wedding. The connection between Marshall’s cake obsession and the girl was pretty clever…

NBC’s Brian Williams (and ABC’s Charles Gibson) is now anchoring from Israel. It makes me wonder, can anyone see Katie Couric doing that? Of course, I couldn’t see Ann Curry doing it either…

I saw a commercial on FOX Sports Net asking who the new anchor of FOX NFL Sunday will be. If you didn’t know, James Brown moved back to CBS. I have no idea what that means for Greg Gumbel. And no, I don’t know who the new host is either. My guess would be Chris Myers, but he might be too obvious…

Now, thankfully, I’m back home with all of my channels. Of course, now that Time Warner and Comcast have officially bought out Adelphia that could change. If they want to move some channels around the dial, fine. But if they even think about taking away my Bravo, I will be forced to go Jack Bauer on somebody…

Stay tuned…