Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Has Everyone Given Up on "Studio 60"?

Saturday, while watching “A Few Good Men” on Bravo for the third week in a row (Gotta love Bravo!), something occurred to me. Where are the “Studio 60” promos? Isn’t that why Bravo picked the movie up to start with? To promote Aaron Sorkin?

Last week, NBC announced that it will replace an October 30th re-run of “Studio 60” with a new episode of “Friday Night Lights.” NBC says it’s a “one time only” thing, but more than likely, it’s a tryout for “Lights” in that timeslot.

It’s starting to look like I’m not the only one giving up on “Studio 60.”

That’s right. Last Monday, I decided I am done with “Studio.” I went back to the cheesy goodness of “CSI: Miami” (And boy, was it cheesy last night!).

I really wanted to love this show, but it’s making it really hard. I didn’t like Sorkin’s “The West Wing,” but I could still recognize that it was a good show. I can’t do that with “Studio.” The show has no zip and the characters are starting to get annoying.

Worst of all, the skits from the show within the show are just not funny. Last week’s Nancy Grace skit had some promise, but no punchline. It’s hard to show the behind-the-scenes workings of a sketch comedy show without showing the sketch comedy; but it’s a little insulting to the audience to hear all the characters talking about how funny something is when we know it isn’t.

However, the last straw for me last week was turning five minutes of the show over to a performance by Sting. For a show that’s supposed to be about strong writing, that was pretty lazy.

Maybe Aaron Sorkin’s giving up too…