Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, October 30, 2006

Idol Update: Release Dates and TV Appearances

So, here’s what “American Idol” news I’ve got for you this week…

Kellie Pickler’s CD, “Small Town Girl” hit stores today. Be sure to check out my review on a separate post. Kellie will perform her first single, "Red High Heels" on "The Tonight Show" this Friday...

As you’ve probably heard, Carrie Underwood will perform at the Charleston Municipal Auditorium December 9th. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 a.m.

Speaking of Carrie, I caught her video for “Before He Cheats” the other day. Though she’s come a long way from her robotic “Idol” days, I still can’t buy her as a girl who would bash her boyfriend’s headlights in with a baseball bat…

Ace Young’s new single, “Scattered” is now available for download on iTunes. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a little cheesy, but it grows on you. And yes, his falsetto is on full display. As far as I know, though, Ace has not signed with any record label…

Looks like Katharine McPhee’s a little gutsier than I gave her credit for. Katharine was scheduled to sing “Over the Rainbow” at the Carousel of Hope Gala, but when she saw Whitney Houston in the audience, she changed to “I Have Nothing.” Considering the lackluster performance of that song that she gave on “Idol,” that may have been more stupid than gutsy. However, Whitney reportedly nodded her head in approval at the performance…

Taylor Hicks’ CD release date has been moved to December 5th, which means he will be after Katharine (November 28th) and on the same date as Fantasia

Chris Daughtry’s release date is still set for November 21st, but it will be from Daughtry, his new band. Howard Benson, who has worked with All-American Rejects and My Chemical Romance, is producing. Chris says that he now realizes not winning was actually better for him…

Josh Gracin’s next CD, “All About Y’all” will be released in early 2007. I was a little worried about Josh since his original release date came and went and his website had not been updated in months. His new single, “I Keep Coming Back” is from the same songwriting team that wrote “What Hurts the Most”…

Kimberley Locke’s second CD, “Based on a True Story” will hit in March 2007…

Clay Aiken is scheduled to appear on “The Megan Mullally Show” this Thursday, November 2nd. Clay will also appear on “Days of Our Lives” as himself December 22nd, as he serenades Steve and Kayla with “Everything I Have.” Clay’s version of “O, Holy Night” will also be featured in the episode (I smell a montage.).

Speaking of Clay, there is a lot of anger among Claymates over his new CD. Most of the anger is aimed at RCA’s head honcho Clive Davis, who made the decision to go with the cover CD. I don’t think there’s any doubt that it was a bad decision. The question is, why didn’t Clay try to fight it, as Kelly fought against her producers when she made “Breakaway”?

And one last note about Clay. You may have seen a comment on one of my previous posts that a local promoter had the chance to bring Clay’s Christmas show to Huntington and chose Kenny Rogers instead. I don’t think I have to tell you how big a mistake I think that is. I’m sure the promoter will agree if Rogers cancels again…