Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, November 06, 2006

Kudos to "Housewives"!

I wanted to take just a minute and congratulate “Desperate Housewives” on its episode last night. I thought it was the best one in a long time.

SPOILER ALERT: Stop reading now if you haven’t seen it yet.

Now, it definitely had its flaws—like the “very special ‘Blossom’” feel it had throughout, since we knew that someone was going to die. Plus, I didn’t really understand the need for all of the time shifts in the beginning or the Mary Alice dream. I realize it was a way for Lynette to not feel so guilty about what happened, but it just didn’t work for me.

And Susan just keeps getting more and more annoying. Susan knows what a bad person Edie can be, so why wouldn’t she believe that Edie’s nephew was capable of bad things as well? As Julie said, she’d never given her mom any reason to doubt her before. Of course, it would be understandable if Julie was getting into trouble, seeing as how her mom has no trouble flitting off to France and leaving her daughter, who is still in high school, all alone!

And where did Ian disappear to at the end of the episode? He came back from the airport to be there for Susan, but he was nowhere to be seen when she reunited with Julie. Did he just come back to say, “I’m sorry your daughter might die. Oh well, off to France!”?

I’m kind of sorry I knew who was going to die, because it might have actually been a shocker—although process of elimination told you who it was going to be. I admit I still kind of jumped. You have to admire a show that recognizes a problem and then just gets rid of it so efficiently. Nora was annoying and her story truly needed to come to an end. It was nice to see her get such a dramatic sendoff that will no doubt find its way onto Felicity Huffman’s Emmy reel.

And who didn’t love Bree throwing a hostage crisis-watching party? However, I think it was kind of stupid on her part to not wonder if any of her friends could have been there since apparently it’s the only grocery store in town.

I should also take this opportunity to point out an error I made in a previous post. Orson told the dead woman (in French), “I miss you, Monique” not I’m sorry as I said before. Of course, that makes you wonder if Mr. Bigsby wasn’t the only one having an affair with her. I think Orson is an extremely welcome addition to the show and I love him as the male Bree, so I’m still hoping he’ll turn out to be a good guy after all.

Is it possible that Mike is actually the bad guy and Orson ran him over to avenge Monique? Just something to think about.

With Dixie Carter coming on board next week as Orson’s mother and the Austin and Julie as Romeo and Juliet story heating up, there may be hope for this show yet…