Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yes, Bianca Has Talent

Last week, I asked if Bianca Ryan, the winner of “America’s Got Talent,” had talent. I’m happy to report that the answer is undoubtedly, yes.

Listening to the CD, you would never guess that Bianca is only 12. Yes, her voice does show some youthful cracking during the ad-libs on “I Believe I Can Fly,” but on the rest of the CD her voice is completely solid.

Simon Cowell has done an interesting thing here. He has included standards like “You Light Up My Life” to appeal to older fans and new songs to appeal to the younger fans. Personally, I don’t like the older stuff (even though Bianca sounds great on them), but it’s a combination that just might work (Are you listening Clive Davis?).

The new songs are the standouts for me, especially the Hilary Duff-esque, “Superstar.” It doesn’t showcase her voice, but it lets her have fun and it’s a good song.

Let’s face it. There’s nothing original here; but it’s hard to deny that powerhouse voice.

Now all Simon needs to do is team Bianca with the ultimate duet partner—Clay Aiken. Talk about bringing down the house.

I’ll get to work on that one…