Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Desperate Housewives": I Watch Too Much TV

Warning: This post contains details about Sunday’s “Desperate Housewives.”

Okay, it’s official. I watch too much TV.

How else would I have recognized that Alma was giving herself hormone treatments so that she could get pregnant [See http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/tuned/2007/01/desperate-housewives-welcome-surprise.html]?

But fortunately, Marc Cherry gave it a classic “Desperate Housewives” twist so I didn’t totally ruin the fun.

Unfortunately, however, we will have to wait until February 11th for a new episode (the previews conveniently forgot to tell us that), just when things are getting interesting.

And there’s another problem. As you’ve probably heard, Marcia Cross (Bree) has been put on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. The writers had already planned for her departure, but they weren’t expecting it this soon. So, Marc Cherry had to make changes to the February 11th episode. I’m concerned that the rewrites will rob us of a proper resolution to this season’s central mystery; but I’m willing to wait and see (Just wish we didn’t have to wait so long!).

I’m also concerned because the absence of Bree probably means we’ll get more Susan and Ian. For such a hottie, Ian is about as interesting as watching paint dry (Dougray Scott’s phoning-it-in performance isn’t helping.). If this was “24,” I’d be doing my “I hope he’s the next to die” dance about now. And with friends like Susan, no one on that street needs enemies.

I was also disappointed that Paul was only using Mike to get to Zach. I was hoping he had something more devious in mind. And as for Zach, I don’t know what to think about that…

So what do you think?