Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"Desperate Housewives": A Welcome Surprise!

I forgot to tell you that Sunday’s “Desperate Housewives” was a new episode, so I hope that none of you missed it…

Because if you did, you missed a really good one…

Only Bree would throw a dinner party to celebrate the return of her husband’s first wife. But it was a “DH” classic with all of the awkward conversation, the cops showing up and Bree kicking Susan out and ending their friendship. I have to wonder, though, if Bree and Orson are still married. Did Orson and Alma actually divorce since everyone thought she was dead?

And what is the deal with Alma? What was that mysterious injection she was giving herself? If all of the television I have been watching in my life is correct, that was a fertility treatment. My theory is that Alma is going to try to get pregnant to get Orson back…

Poor Julie. It’s bad enough that she has Susan for a mother. Now her boyfriend is cheating on her with Bree’s daughter—even after Julie slept with him to keep him. And just for the record, I was sure that it was Andrew we were going to see in that bed. Did Andrew know what his sister was doing when he gave Julie that “getting it somewhere else” speech?...

The absolute highlight for me, though, was the scene with Mike in prison. As he told his story to a fellow prisoner, we heard a familiar voice say, “I believe you.” And there, in all of his glory, was Paul Young. I actually cheered when I saw him. I have to admit I never saw that one coming, so it was a welcome surprise...

My only problem with the show now is how idiotic Susan’s story has become. How could she be so surprised that Bree was angry? She called the cops on her husband! And how big of a moron is Ian? One little “I love you” brushes everything under the rug? Whatever…

However, because this Orson mystery is so intriguing, I’m willing to overlook Susan’s stupidity. I love the fact that the show that was about to fall down the “Twin Peaks” hole is being rescued by the face of “Twin Peaks” himself, Kyle MacLachlan.

So who really did kill Monique? My guess was Mother Hoge, and Orson hit Mike to protect her. But as someone in my office pointed out, maybe Orson hit Mike because Mike really did kill her—or at least Orson thinks he did…

Feel free to post your theories below…