Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Survived "Manic Monday!"

I feel like I should get a t-shirt printed that says “I survived my first Manic Monday!”

With “Prison Break,” “24,” and “Heroes” back-to-back (I watched “Heroes” on tape.) my brain is in total overload. But I’ll see if I can’t muster up some thoughts…

Warning: The rest of this post gives details about last night’s episodes of “Prison Break,” “24,” and “Heroes.”

So, let’s have a show of hands from everyone who knew that Steadman was going to blow his brains out on “Prison Break.” Yeah, me too. But crazy twists you see coming a mile away are part of the show’s charm. I just wish they wouldn’t waste so much time with the other escapees—especially T-Bag. The previews make it look like Mahone and Kellerman are going to work together to bring down The Company. I really hope that’s the case…

On “24,” it’s a family affair as we met Jack’s brother, Graem—the same Graem who plotted with President Logan and (who we learned last night) turned Jack in to the Chinese. I don’t buy that Jack and Graem look like brothers, but I find it interesting that Jack’s brother is a bad guy. Plus, I’ll look forward to the hour when Jack discovers what his brother did to him.

But here’s a tip for the show. If you were going to surprise us with this, you should’ve kept Paul McCrane’s name off the credits and had FOX keep him out of the previews. I saw it coming.

And is there any way one of those suitcase bombs could go off at CTU? Everyone is so blah! Not to mention that this year’s story is sounding an awful lot like season two. And I hated season two…

How great was it on “Heroes” when Claire asked the Haitian what “save the cheerleader, save the world” meant? And I loved that she redid the video to get her friend back.

I also love how all of these characters interconnect. It’s absolutely brilliant. My theory is that Linderman is Claire’s real father (although that would disagree with what the Haitian told Claire).

I read in a magazine that Peter’s recurring dream contains a lot of hints about upcoming events. You should pay special attention to the way the characters appear (what they’re wearing, their order of appearance, etc.). It’s apparently important that Claire is in her cheerleading uniform…

An international psychologist said that yesterday was the most depressing day of the year. I couldn’t disagree more.

Busy, yes. Depressing, no way.

But I’m not sure how I’m going to handle another five months like this…