Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Prison Break": You can't turn away...

My dad is a realist when it comes to his television viewing. That’s why he gave up on “24” after season two.

So I was pretty surprised to find out that my parents were still watching “Prison Break.”

“I guess it’s like a car accident,” my mom explained. “You just can’t look away.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself…

As you know, I can get pretty frustrated with “Prison.” And that frustration nearly boiled over two weeks ago when Michael’s tattoo came back into the picture. Agent Mahone was able to deduce that a tattoo of Christ in a rose represented Christina Rose (Get it?), the name of Michael’s mother. I couldn’t believe that he needed a tattoo to remember his mother’s name. It turned out to hide a lock combination on a boat called the Christina Rose, but it was lame just the same.

It’s usually 8:30 before I start yelling at the TV, but it came much earlier that week as around 8:15, I could be heard yelling, “Why am I still watching this show?”

And then, the show pulled out one of its classic cliffhangers to remind me of the answer to the question…

Just like my mom said, you can’t not watch…

Monday’s episode was a perfect example as each moment got wilder and wilder. And I found myself asking not why I was watching, but what in the world was going on.

If you missed it, here’s a quick recap to get you ready for Monday’s season finale…

The Company apprehended T-Bag and used him to set a trap for Michael and Lincoln in Panama. Michael fell for Mahone’s fake e-mail from Sucre and showed up; but then actually ran into Sucre, who was helping Bellick to learn where Bellick stashed Maricruz. Sucre begged Michael to help Bellick get the money from T-Bag and Michael agreed. The trio was able to get the drop on The Company guys, while Lincoln (who had followed Michael) got the drop on Mahone. But T-Bag led the trio into a trap when they were left alone with a dead prostitute (that T-Bag had killed) with the police on the way. Michael, Sucre and T-Bag got away, while Bellick was apprehended by the police.

Michael and Sucre captured T-Bag and planned to turn him over to the authorities, but T-Bag stabbed Sucre, causing Michael to wreck the car they were in. Michael waved a Good Samaritan down to help Sucre while he chased down T-Bag. Michael stabbed T-Bag in his good arm, pinning him to the ground, so the authorities could find him (which they did). Michael took the money and went back to the Christina Rose. He called the hospital to get news on Sucre, but Lincoln beeped in before he could find out anything. Only Lincoln was now in handcuffs after Mahone turned the tables on him. Mahone told Michael he could have Lincoln for the money.

Meanwhile, Kellerman (Paul Adelstein in a great performance) tried to commit suicide, but his gun jammed. He called his sister, who convinced him to do the right thing. Kellerman showed up in court to testify for Sarah, just as she was about to make a deal and plead guilty…

And if you think all of that sounds crazy, I can guarantee you ain’t seen nothin’ yet…

You see, the writers never intended for the show to go beyond two seasons. But now, “Prison” has been renewed for season three, making their plans go right out the window…

So what’s next? I doubt even they know…

Which means I definitely can’t turn away now…

The season finale of “Prison Break” airs Monday, April 2nd at 8 p.m. on FOX…

Labels: