Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The news "Veronica" fans have been dreading...

Let me interrupt your Thursday with the news all of you “Veronica Mars” fans have been dreading…

It looks like “Veronica” is truly dead.

But since I don’t want to be the messenger, let me give you the news from “TV Guide” reporter Michael Ausiello, who is blogging the CW presentation live. [The notes in brackets are mine.]:

OK, here it is in a nutshell, per Dawn Ostroff [CW Entertainment President]. Veronica Mars is dead. But, and there is a but, she says she's "talking to Rob and Kristen" [Thomas and Bell, the creator and star respectively] about doing something else. She's not calling it a spin-off, and wouldn't say whether it would feature the character of Veronica. Translation: I'm as confused as ever!

OK, a reporter just asked a VM follow-up — and Dawn continues to dodge. She says they're discussing "an idea," but adds, "I don't think it's going to happen."

The press conference is over. I tackle Dawn just as she tries to escape and I ask her to level with me. Is Veronica dead? "Veronica Mars is over, but we're talking about something else. I don't know if it's going to be anything. I'm being honest with you. It could come back in some form, but I don't know what form that would be." She confirmed that the deadline to make a decision is "somewhere around" the June 15 date I referred to previously. Long story short: mystery still not solved!

If it’s any consolation, Kristen Bell is the narrator of the new CW show, “Gossip Girl.”

I know there are a lot of “Veronica Mars” fans out there, so I am truly sorry for your loss…