Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Zac Efron Talks "High School Musical"...

While I sit hear watching “High School Musical,” I thought I would share some “HSM” info with you from a “USA Today” interview with Zac Efron…

So why did they not use Zac’s voice in “HSM”? They thought his voice was too low for the songs, so they blended his voice with Drew Seeley’s (If you pay close attention, you can hear the back and forth between the voices in the songs.). But for “HSM 2,” it’s completely Zac’s voice on eight new songs (It’s also his voice in “Hairspray.”). “I’ll be honest, I’m pretty excited. There was a huge misconception at the beginning of ‘High School Musical.’ I’m so excited to sing my own part.”

And why did we not see a Troy-Gabriella kiss? They filmed one, but as director Kenny Ortega explained, “We decided that wasn’t what it was all about.” They have shot a kiss for the second, but Ortega said they haven’t decided if it will be used…

There are rumors that there was friction on the set of “High School Musical 2” because Zac is getting so much attention and because he didn’t go on the tour (He was filming “Hairspray.”). Zac denied that saying, “We are still very close.” And he was “sorry” that he couldn’t be a part of the tour. “I’m happy people loved it.”

As for his participation in the third movie, Zac said, “It’s in the studio’s hands. But the idea sounds great and I love to work with my friends.”

Disney better move fast because Zac’s dance card is filling up quickly. His next movie is “Seventeen,” which is a new spin on the Tom Hanks movie “Big” about a high schooler with a man’s mind. New Line signed him for the movie after seeing him in the “Hairspray” dailies…

One more note about “HSM.” “High School Musical: The Ice Tour” kicks off August 31st. The show stops at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati January 9th and at Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling March 5th. And yes, there will be basketballs on the ice—at least 40 of them…