Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Desperate Housewives" Do You Feel Gipped?

With all of the build-up and that dramatic narration (Thanks a lot, Mary Alice.), it would be understandable if you felt gipped by the last new episode of “Desperate Housewives.”

But not me. Because in all honesty, if those rescue workers had pulled out a lifeless Tom, I’m not sure I could’ve ever watched the show again.

Now I know what you’re thinking. I’m a “24” fan. I should be all about killing main characters for shock value. But on a show like “DH,” that kind of stuff just comes off as a cheap stunt. And with everything else Lynette has been through this season, it would’ve just been too much.

Although it would’ve no doubt secured a second Emmy for Felicity Huffman…

But thankfully (for me anyway), Tom survived and it was Ida who passed away. And Lynette was forced to be unselfish for once, which was nice to see. It was also good to see Kathryn Joosten (Mrs. McCluskey) get some well-deserved screen time.

I like the whole Susan and Bree living together story, but I’m not sure what to think about Carlos being blind. I hope they don’t just sweep it under the rug and instead give Gaby a real chance to grow.

And I warned you about a cliffhanger. It just wasn’t the one I thought.

Couldn’t we have seen at least one word in that note? Would that have really hurt anything?

So now we wait. And wait, and wait.

That I feel a little gipped about…