Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Friday, January 11, 2008

Pick of the Week: "The Music In You"

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that “American Idol” is premiering Tuesday. So I decided that was too easy of a pick. Besides, I’ve got a whole other blog for that one.

I’m going with another TV music phenomenon…

My Pick of the Week is “High School Musical: The Music In You.”

“Music” is a documentary from Academy Award Winner Barbara Kopple about two rival Fort Worth high schools coming together to stage “High School Musical.”

The documentary looks like it will be solid, but I’m already disappointed on two counts. Number one, I’m disappointed that the doc is only 35 minutes. And number two, I’m disappointed that Disney isn’t pairing it with an airing of “HSM” (However, “HSM 2” will air Friday, January 18th at 8 p.m.).

“High School Musical: The Music In You” premieres Sunday, January 20th on Disney Channel…

And speaking of Disney Channel, here’s a bonus pick for you. This week, Disney is airing one of my favorite Disney TV-movies of all time.

“Model Behavior” (from 2000) is the story of a geeky teenager and a spoiled teen model (Maggie Lawson in a dual role) trading places. The movie is noteworthy in the history of TV movies for two acting debuts—Cody Gifford (who appears with his mother, Kathie Lee) and Justin Timberlake. But it’s noteworthy to me because it’s just so endearing.

Now if only Disney would release it on DVD. Maybe Justin’s too embarrassed by that perm…

“Model Behavior” airs Thursday, January 17th at 8 p.m. on Disney Channel…

Now here’s one for my mom. The final episode (thanks to the strike) of her favorite show, “NCIS,” airs this Tuesday. If you’ve never watched “NCIS,” you’re missing one of the funniest shows on TV—and it’s a drama.

Plus, Michael Weatherly’s not too hard to look at. But I think Mom looks more at Mark Harmon…

“NCIS” airs Tuesday, January 15th at 8 p.m. on CBS…