Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, September 22, 2008

"The New Adventures of Old Christine" Review" Maybe I Just Don't Get It

A marriage to keep someone in the country is a sitcom staple.

But this season, “The New Adventures of Old Christine” is turning that idea on its ear. I’m just not sure if it’s funny…

In the season premiere, Christine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) gets hit with a double whammy. First, she finds out that her ex Richard (Clark Gregg) is proposing to “new” Christine (Emily Rutherford). Then, she finds out her best friend, Barb (Wanda Sykes) is getting deported to Barbados since she’s now divorced.

Of course, the answer for Barb is to get married. And who proposes? None other than Christine.

I won’t give away how it all turns out, but obviously there’s some hijinx along the way with both stories.

However, I’m not sure those hijinx are funny. Maybe because it’s been so long since I’ve seen “Christine” I just don’t get it. But for me, something that should be totally outrageous was just mildly humorous.

And I would really like to see more from such a critically adored show…

“The New Adventures of Old Christine” premieres Wednesday, September 24th at 8 p.m. on CBS…

Photo Credit: Cliff Lipson/CBS