Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Breaking News: John Madden Retires UPDATED

NBC Sports just sent out a statement less than two hours ago confirming that John Madden is retiring from broadcasting.

There is a conference call going on right now to discuss this, but since I didn't learn about it in time, I'm not on it. Hopefully, I'll have more details later.

Right now the speculation is that Cris Collinsworth is the favorite to take his place.

You guys know that I love Cris and I think he did a great job when he filled in for Madden last season and he is once again nominated for an Emmy for his color analyst work. But I would miss him on the studio show. If they're smart--and I believe they are--they'll find a way to keep him involved with "Football Night In America" from the game sites.

Stay tuned...

UPDATE: NBC has made it official that Cris Collinsworth will replace Madden in the booth. Official details weren't disclosed because the conference call was meant to discuss Madden. NBC Sports has promised more details in the coming weeks and I hope to be all over those.