Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, May 18, 2009

My Thoughts On the FOX Schedule...

Normally, whenever I share the FOX schedule with you, I tell you to mark it in pencil because it will definitely change.

But this year I’m not going to say that because I believe that FOX has put together its most stable schedule in four years…

Usually they overschedule the fall and then either have to scramble to find places in the spring for the shows that succeed, or the fall comes apart and they have to totally start over in January.

But by mirroring the January schedule with “So You Think You Can Dance” and by leaving “House” and “Bones” in the same place, FOX has got a good thing here.

I’m thrilled to see “Lie to Me” given such a strong lead-in with “House,” but I’m a little concerned that the two leads of those shows may be viewed as too similar. But new “Lie to Me” showrunner Shawn Ryan should help that out considerably.

I’m also quite intrigued by the move of “Fringe” to Thursdays. What FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly told reporters today, without really telling us, is that he smells blood. He knows that “CSI” is on the decline, so why not put the most buzzworthy show you’ve got up against it?

The new show I am most excited about is “Human Target.” Mark Valley deserves to be a TV star and I’m hoping this one will do it for him.

And let me just weigh in on the “Dollhouse” debate by saying that I completely support FOX’s decision. Though I gave up on the show very early, from everything I’ve read, it was getting better. And let’s face it. FOX owed Joss Whedon one. I think the show will show some improvement after the DVD release.

I do, however, question putting two comedies as the lead-in for “Dollhouse” on Fridays. Michael Strahan starring in a series? I’m a fan of Daryl “Chill” Mitchell, but I’m really not sure about that one. And after keeping “’Til Death” off the air for an entire year, do they really think anyone will still care? That hour could be a problem for FOX and for “Dollhouse.”

So what do you guys think? What new FOX shows are you excited about? Do you think “So You Think You Can Dance” can survive in the fall? And will you follow “Fringe” to Thursdays?