Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Hard Knocks": Seriously?

If you’ve been reading this blog for an extended period of time, you know that I am a Bengals fan. Although every day something else happens that makes me wonder why…

I do not get HBO, so I did not see last week’s premiere of “Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals,” but what I heard about it was not that good, and I’m still completely perplexed at why the team would agree to do the show.

Now, today, in my inbox, I receive a description of tonight’s second episode and I have to wonder why HBO would agree to do the show…

From the HBO press release:

During a break in practice drills, Bengals star QB Carson Palmer, who is miked
up, talks about his high standards for the perfect sports energy drink mix:

“I’ve always been a Gatorade snob. Sometimes guys (who mix the drink)
half-a-- it. They don’t really put the right mixture of the Gatorade powder and
water to create the best taste. Some guys’ mix is watered down. Some guys’ is
too sweet. But Lemar (Mosley) has a wild-berry fruit punch mix, mixing three or
four flavors, and it’s fantastic. That is an A-plus right there.” Lemar Mosley
is a member of the Bengals athletic training staff.

Wow, is that scintillating television or what? I know that makes me want to run out and add HBO, how about you?

The press release also promises a look at Dhani Jones’ routine of acupuncture and “aggressive inside-the-mouth massage,” a look at Laveranues Coles’ sleep recovery system, and a night out on the town with Chad Ochocinco.

Okay, that last one might be entertaining, but the others? Seriously?

The Bengals fan in me is relieved that the team isn’t giving the show a lot of drama, but the TV fan in me says, are you kidding me with this? I’ll stick with my Bravo, thank you very much…

What do you guys think? If you’re watching the show, let me know what you think of it and how you think it makes the team look…