Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And the First Emmys Went To...

Saturday, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences handed out the Creative Arts Emmys.

And although Kathy Griffin got the pleasure of hosting the show, she went home a double loser as her Emmy win streak for “My Life on the D-List” was stopped at two by “Intervention.”

Here were some of the other major winners from the evening…

“South Park” took home Outstanding Animated Program (Less than one hour)…

“Wizards of Waverly Place” took home Outstanding Children’s Program…

Justin Timberlake won Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for his hosting gig on “Saturday Night Live.” Tina Fey won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her guest appearances as Gov. Sarah Palin on “SNL”…

Ellen Burstyn won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her role on “Law & Order: SVU,” while the great Michael J. Fox won for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his role on “Rescue Me”…

And “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” won for Outstanding Special Class: Short Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs…

Of course, the main event is this Sunday night. I will not be doing my usual live-blogging, because I don’t want to miss a single word Neil Patrick Harris has to say. But I will be chiming in from time to time with my thoughts, so be sure to drop by with your thoughts…

And on Friday I will be posting my Emmy predictions. Normally, I do a lot of research about what episodes were submitted for judging, but this year I’m going completely on gut instinct. We’ll see if that works any better for me…