Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Is Tonight My Last Visit to Wisteria Lane?

You may recall that at the beginning of the season I said I thought I had outgrown “Desperate Housewives.”

Which might explain why it is I keep forgetting to turn off the football game and watch. Most weeks I have to ask someone in my office what happened.

And my first question is always: What happened with Bree and Karl? Because honestly that is the only thing I care about on the show.

So I have a bad feeling that tonight may be the last time I tune in…

Once again “DH” is rolling out one of its patented disasters. This time, a plane will crash into the Wisteria Lane Christmas party. And I just know in my gut that Karl won’t survive. I have no proof mind you, but after Bree told him she loved him last week couldn’t you just smell the dead meat?

Now I know what you’re thinking. How could you get so upset over the death of a character like Karl? Well for me it isn’t about Karl, it’s about the actor who plays him—the fabulous Richard Burgi. It’s a total credit to him that Karl is still watchable considering he has not always been the most well-written character on the show…

Remember how he turned over a new leaf and he and Susan almost got back together one season and then the next season he was all rude and snotty to her again? For no reason?

Granted it would be kind of silly to set up this whole Bree-Karl thing and then just kill him, but isn’t it silly that Katherine would do all of the crazy things she’s done and then stab herself or that Carlos and Gaby would be so mean to Lynette or that Lynette is even pregnant again to begin with?

On second thought, maybe “DH” would be doing Burgi a favor by killing Karl…

“Desperate Housewives” airs Sunday, December 6th at 9 p.m. on ABC…

Photo Credit: Danny Feld/ABC