Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is "Target" A Target Itself?

I almost hesitate to say this because as soon as I do, it’s going to get cancelled. But I am hooked on “Human Target.”
I knew that Mark Valley was awesome, but Jackie Earle Haley as the mysterious Guerrero really sets this show apart. And the always solid Chi McBride provides great support.

But unfortunately, the show needs just a few more people to exhibit my same enthusiasm or the target may be the show itself…

Last week, “Target” premiered in its new Wednesday at 8 p.m. timeslot. And without the protection of an “American Idol” lead-in, the show’s ratings fell 25 percent. Even those of you who don’t follow ratings can tell that’s not good…

Which leads me to an important question. Why did FOX switch “Idol” and “Target” to begin with? You can argue that FOX wants to more strongly compete with ABC’s “Modern Family”/”Cougar Town” lineup, but since “Target” was already beating them, I don’t think it’s a very good argument. I know there had to be confusion last week about the switch, and there will be even more confusion when “Idol” goes back to 8 p.m. for the performance shows later this month. Why not just leave things the way they were and give “Target” the chance to grow after “Idol” like “24” and “House” before it?

I would really hate to have to say goodbye to the only new show that has hooked me strongly enough to make me watch every week…

“Human Target” airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on FOX…

Photo Credit: Justin Stephens/FOX