Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sending Out Some Love to the "Law & Order" Fans

Last night, after commiserating together for the billionth time about all the love that “Lost” has been getting while people ignore “24,” I told my friend that it could have been worse.

We could be “Law & Order” fans…

Seeing the way I reacted to the end of “24” last night, my heart goes out to all of you “L&O” fans who were ripped of any kind of closure. I know there has been some discussion about a wrap-up movie or the stars of the original showing up to get closure on the new spin-off. But the show deserves more than that. It deserved a real finale that wasn’t on the busiest night of the TV season.

And if 20 years doesn’t deserve a retrospective, then I don’t know what does…

Now, some of you will argue that “L&O” has never been about the characters and their personal lives so a real finale wouldn’t work. But I believe it deserved something. Maybe some of our old favorites could have returned for just one night for some purpose. And if there was any chance to have gotten Michael Moriarity back into that courtroom? Well that would have seriously rocked.

I haven’t been a “L&O” fan since Chris Noth was forced off the show, but at one time “L&O” was my “24.” The show I was totally obsessed with. So to see it treated so rudely in the end still really hurts.

And maybe what hurts most of all is that the show could probably get that record-breaking 21st season on TNT if NBC would just loosen its grip and do some negotiating.

Because that is really what the show deserves…

Photo Credit: Virginia Sherwood/NBC