Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, April 25, 2011

Oprah Says No to Saving Cancelled Soaps

Devastated “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” fans figured that if anyone could save their shows, it was Oprah Winfrey. Fans inundated Oprah message boards urging Oprah’s network, OWN, to pick up the shows.

Last week, Oprah turned to YouTube to respond to the fans. Her answer was no, saying, “I will not be taking on the responsibility of trying to revive an institution that for all intent and all purpose indicates that the time has come for it to be over.”

Though I agree with her reasoning that there are less people at home during the day and there is less money to be made for the networks, I disagree that the time has come for soaps to be over. I still believe there is a place for them.

You can see Oprah’s response here.