Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, July 18, 2011

TNT Pulls the Plug On a Good One

Friday, TNT dropped the hammer on one of its most critically acclaimed series…

The network cancelled “Men of a Certain Age.”

The show won a Peabody award, but it never caught on in the ratings.

As much as I love the folks at TNT, I’m really bummed about this one and I think the network needs to shoulder much of the blame. Splitting up the seasons by six months didn’t do the show any favors and I don’t think people ever quite understood what it was. Some people were no doubt expecting a sitcom since Ray Romano was involved.

And what about that title? That just screamed a show just for men, didn’t it?

If you never watched it, you missed a heartwarming drama about real men living real lives. I’m going to miss it…

Photo Credit: Danny Feld/TNT